Records of non-payment

What is a record of non-payment?
A record of non-payment occurs when a company or individual has failed to pay a debt promptly.

Soliditet registers the following records of non-payment:

  • Swedish Enforcement Authority rulings in cases of injunctions to pay, that is, a decision in which the Swedish Enforcement Authority rules that a company or individual is obliged to pay owing to the fact that it has neglected to protest against a payment demand.

  • Outstanding taxes and contributions

  • Attempts to initiate distraint proceedings.

  • Default judgements from district courts, that is, when the district court has ruled in a case owing to the failure of one of the parties to take part in negotiations, or respond to a summons with an objective argument.

  • Bankruptcies.

  • Resolutions on debt restructuring.

  • Applications for injunctions to pay (only registered for companies).

Do I have any records of non-payment?
An extract from the register will reveal if you have any records of non-payment. As a private individual, you are entitled to order your own extract from the register – free of charge, once a year. The extract from the register is sent to your nationally registered address within 10 working days from the date of the order. Order an extract from the register – Private individuals

How long do records of non-payment remain registered?
Records of non-payment for private individuals remain on register for three years. Records of debt restructuring remain on register during the period the debt restructuring is in progress – commonly five years.

What is the significance of confidentiality in the Swedish Enforcement Authority’s database?
An individual demand from the state or municipality (a so-called A-case) may be imposed confidentially, provided the debt is settled before the Swedish Enforcement Authority decides to take measures in the case in question. In such cases, the record is removed from the credit information register. Confidentiality applies under the condition that no other cases have been held on record by the Swedish Enforcement Agency during the previous two years. Confidentiality is broken in the event a new case arises within a two year period.

I consider that a record of non-payment, or other information registered against my personal identity number, is inaccurate.
An assessment on whether a record is inaccurate always begins with an analysis of what applied at the exact time the record or information came to light.

Soliditet’s rulings on such cases comply with the directions of the Swedish Data Inspection Board. To find out more about when a record of non-payment is considered to be misleading, please refer to the Data Inspection Board website under Questions and answers.

In order that we can investigate the information you consider to be inaccurate or misleading, you are requested to contact us by e-mail using our contact form. Alternatively you can fax us on +46 (0)8 5190 13 23, or send a letter outlining the events surrounding your claim together with the documents backing up your view.

AAA Soliditet AB
Box 1529
SE-172 29 Sundbyberg

Misplaced ID cards

Why do I have to report a misplaced ID card to Soliditet?
Soliditet makes a note of misplaced ID cards on its register in order to attempt to counteract potential fraudulent activity.

A record of a misplaced ID card only applies in the context of credit reporting. Note that this does not function as a general block of your ID card or personal identity number. This notification appears in our credit reports in order that potential credit providers may become alert to unauthorised parties attempting to use a misplaced ID card.

To register a misplaced ID card, telephone our interactive voice response service on +46 (0)8 470 34 92, and follow the instructions provided. This service requires a touch-tone telephone. Once the notification has been registered, a confirmation is automatically sent to the nationally registered address held by the person in question. The confirmation letter should be retained, as it may be used later as a cancellation form in the event the person wishes to remove the notification. This service is free of charge.

A registered notification of a misplaced ID card will remain on Soliditet’s register for a period of five years, provided the person in question does not remove the notification himself. In order to remove a notification, a cancellation form must be completed and signed by the person who has the notification registered against his personal identity number, and returned to us by post.

Records of income

What information does Soliditet hold regarding my income?
Soliditet obtains information regarding assessed income from the Swedish Tax Agency. This is updated once a year, once the Swedish Tax Agency has finalised your tax assessment. Records of assessment show your assessed income for the previous year. For example, your income earned during 2009 is assessed for tax purposes in 2010. During the year, Soliditet also receives updates regarding reviewed assessment decisions.

When a credit application is declined

Why was my application for credit declined?
An application for credit may be declined for a number of reasons. Records of non-payment may be one reason, as well as your income or age. To obtain information on the reasons for an application being declined, please contact the company from which you applied for credit. It is always the credit provider (the company) who ordered the credit report who is responsible for answering enquiries on the reasons for applications being declined.

The Swedish Credit Information Act

What regulations apply for credit report agencies?
Credit information activities shall be operated in accordance with the Swedish Credit Information Act regulations (1793:1173). The law contains a number of provisions intended to safeguard the personal integrity of the individual. At the same time, the law is also intended to facilitate effectively functioning credit reporting activities. Usually, authorisation is required from the Data Inspection Board in order to carry on such activities. This authorisation may be combined with special terms regulating how operations should be run, as well as what information may be handled. The Data Inspection Board operates in a supervisory capacity over credit reporting activities. Certain exceptions to the law apply to operations which are instead regulated by the Freedom of the Press Act or the Fundamental Law on Freedom of Expression (fundamental laws).

The Credit Information Act contains provisions governing defaults (records of non-payment), when reports may be issued, copies of reports, screening, and rectification, among other things. Defaults refer to records which have been established by the authorities, or a court of law. In order for a credit report on a private individual to be issued, a so-called legitimate requirement is needed. This means that the subject of the report must have applied for credit, or similar, which entitles the credit provider to obtain a credit report for the person in question. Once a credit report is issued, a copy must be sent to the person in question. The copy must state the identity of the party who originally requested the report, as well as the information supplied. Records for private individuals are screened following the end of the third year from when they were registered. Records of non-payment are screened after three years, at the latest. Credit reporting agencies are obliged to rectify, supplement or remove records which are either inaccurate or misleading.


What sources to Soliditet use?
Our sources include the public registers held by:
The Swedish Companies Registration Office
The Swedish Enforcement Authority
County Administrative Boards
Statistics Sweden
District courts
The Swedish Tax Agency
The SPAR address register
Post- och Inrikes Tidningar

Comprehensive list together with update frequency

Copies of reports

Why have I received a copy of a report from Soliditet?
When a credit report is ordered for a private individual, sole trader or trading/limited partnership, Soliditet has to send information on who has requested the credit report, and what information has been supplied. If you have received a message by e-mail, text or post you can log in at to view a copy of the report.

Who has requested a credit report on me?
The copy of the report you receive displays the identity of the party requesting the report. Note that the credit provider (the company) always rules on whether or not credit is to be granted. The credit provider does not require your compliance to request a report. Nevertheless, a legitimate reason – a valid reason – is necessary in order to request a report on a private individual. A legitimate reason exists if you have applied for a loan, or purchased something on credit, hire-purchase or similar. If you have received a message by e-mail, text or post you can log in at and discover the identity of the party who has requested a report on you, as well as what information has been issued.


Hard to find?

See site map
Kundservice: 08-558 059 00
© Soliditet 2018. All Rights Reserved