Credit assessment of companies – 2
A course for those looking to keep better track of the credit risks in their account ledgers, and be able to make long-term credit decisions.
During the course, we cover best practice for dealing with groups, as well as the risks that can arise. If you have already taken the course, Credit assessment of companies – 1, this stage will be something of a repetition. Later, however, we will delve deeper into business processes, and the importance of having a credit policy.
Limit setting and limit revision are effective methods of reducing risk. In tandem with the effective monitoring and follow-up of your existing customers, you will learn how to apply a comprehensive approach to your credit process. You will also gain insight into how effective cooperation within the credit department can play a key role in a company’s sales success.
Additionally, you will gain answers to the following questions:
- What problems arise when there are many credit decisions to be taken, when the company has customers within various lines of business and sells products and services at both large and small sums?
- How do assessments differ in the case of larger lines of credit, and lines of credit stretching over a longer period, for example?
When the course is complete, you will have learned about:
- the importance of a policy within the business process,
- credit assessment of groups,
- important financial ratios for long-term assessment,
- how to assess the risk in your accounts ledger, and use it strategically,
- how to draw up credit rules for different customer categories and credit amounts,
- limit setting and revision,
- follow-up and monitoring of existing customers,
- how to boost sales to existing customers.
A certain level of prior knowledge and experience within credit granting is required. Before taking this course, we recommend that you have already studied Credit assessment of companies – basic level.
This course is one of the modules included in the Soliditet Business School certification programme.